This is truly incredible. The Indian smartphone manufacturer Ringing Bells has launched the world’s cheapest smartphone Freedom251 at Rs 251. Yes, the model number is actually the price of this world’s cheapest smartphone. The smartphone can be purchased from the company’s website
starting February 18.
Specs Of Freedom251:
1. Freedom 251 features a 4-inch qHD display with 960×540 pixels resolution.
2. The handset is powered by a 1.3GHz quad-core processor and promises to deliver a smooth and lag-free performance.
3. Freedom 251 runs on Android 5.1 Lollipop operating system, which is still the latest OS since Marshmallow is still being rolled out to the devices.
4. The device offers 1GB of RAM and 8GB of internal storage which can be further expanded up to 32GB using a microSD card. The same RAM and storage capacity combination is often seen in several sub-Rs 5,000 smartphones.
5. For photography, the smartphone consists of a 3.2MP rear camera and a 0.3MP front-facing camera for selfies. There is also flash support for low-light photography.
6. Freedom 251 also offers 3G support for seamless internet browsing.
Freedom251 comes with all the accessories.
7. The handset also offers some pre-loaded apps useful for women, farmers, fishermen and general users. It also has social apps like WhatsApp, Facebook, YouTube and you can access the other apps from the Google Play store.
8. Freedom 251 houses a 1,450mAh battery, which the company claims will last a day on single charge.
9. The smartphone comes with a 1-year warranty. Ringing Bells has 650 service centers across the country.
10. The company has launched the smartphone as a part of the Indian government’s Made In India initiative.
So what do you think guys? Do share your views with us in comments section below.