The most awaited event Startup Weekend is back, the world-famous 54-hour event where developers, designers, marketers, product managers and startup enthusiasts come together to share ideas, form teams, build products and launch startups!
If you an idea or skill that is worth millions than this is the right place for you to pitch, collaborate and get mentored from one of the top IT professionals in the country. It will polish your idea and guest speakers will help you in identifying key aspects to look for, while following your ambition.
Startup Weekends are a weekend-long, hands-on experiences where entrepreneurs, thinkers and aspiring entrepreneurs can find out if startup ideas are viable and worth pursuing. On average, half of Startup Weekend’s attendees have technical or design backgrounds, the other half have business backgrounds or may be both in some cases.
Weekend activity begins with open mic pitches on Friday, attendees bring their best ideas and inspire others to join their team. Then over Saturday and Sunday teams focus on customer development, validating their ideas, practising LEAN Startup Methodologies and building a minimal viable product. On Sunday evening teams demo their prototypes and receive valuable feedback from a panel of experts in their respective domains.
When and Where?
Being held at the prestigious Lahore University of Management Sciences (LUMS) from 14th-16th February 2014, Startup Weekend is THE platform to let your ideas be known to the world. Come, innovate and bring a change.
Benefits of participation
* Face time with thought leaders – one-on-one time with movers and shakers
* Co-founder dating – finding the right partner is more important than the idea
* Mentorship relationships that go way beyond the event
* Seed/Angel funding opportunities for the teams
* Discussion on best practices for starting up a technology business
* Joining a global community of alumni – more than 30,000 and increasing
- TECH — Software Engineer, Coder, Developer
- Business Guru — Marketing, Sales, Biz Dev, Alliances Specialist
- Creative Minds — Graphics, Design, User Experience